fbpx

Accessibility Tools

Events Search

Mapping Your Community

Thursday, 04 April 2024 at 9:30 am - 4:00 pm

Online Event

Young People (15 to 25 years) - $55 / First Nations People - $55 / Community and Volunteers - $110 / Not-for-Profit Organisations - $165 / Government/Corporate - $220

Visit the page of this event

Workshop

This workshop will run on the 4th of April from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. A great opportunity for anyone who wants to explore participatory processes and practices for identifying and mobilising strengths and assets in their communities:

This workshop will run on the 4th of April from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. A great opportunity for anyone who wants to explore participatory processes and practices for identifying and mobilising strengths and assets in their communities:

• Business leaders and social entrepreneurs.
  • Community members and not-for-profit leaders.
  • Community organisers and their teams.
  • Next-generation leaders and other young activists.
  • Department leaders, policy officers and program managers.
  • NDIS directors, team leaders, and planners.

Jeder Institute is excited to offer our Mapping Your Community workshop. This workshop will focus on the six assets of ABCD. We will share asset mapping tools to identify, connect and activate their community assets to create opportunities.

“The  appeal  of  ABCD  lies  in  its premise  that  communities  can  drive  the  development  process  themselves  by  identifying  and mobilizing  existing,  but  often  unrecognized  assets,  and  thereby  responding  to  and  creating local  economic  opportunity.” Dan Duncan 

This training is interactive and participatory, where you can use the tools and resources you are learning about. These tools and resources can be used directly with the communities you work with.

Asset mapping is an effective way to map the skills, talents, abilities, and passions of individuals and discover the strengths, networks, and resources of communities and organisations. This workshop will cover:

• The Why, The How, The Connection and The Outcomes of Asset Mapping.
  • Key Steps to Asset Mapping.
  • Tools share with others to identify, connect and activate your community assets.
Facilitators

The facilitators for this workshop are:

Fiona Miller – Fiona is a creative conduit with a diverse background that includes community development, creative & visual arts, early years, education, bushfire recovery, inclusion, community houses, community gardens and more. Having worked within a variety of organisations/agencies and local governments, she has a broad understanding of the diversity of organisational structures.
As a facilitator, graphic harvester or community member, contributing to the community by making great places and participating in community-led projects that are sustainable are her focus. She loves nothing more than watching people and projects grow and uses creative arts, ABCD and strengths-based practices as platforms for discovering and exploring community futures.
Supporting our young people to explore their own place within the community is something she sees as particularly important. Everyone deserves to feel safe and included, and we can build relationships and have fun while we do it.

Lee Griffiths – I have a passion for community and always have; this is why I do the work I do, facilitating ABDC training, workshops and strategic planning. I have spent the last 14 years working in local government and the not-for-profit sector, creating the conditions for government and organisations to walk alongside the community to strengthen outcomes across Australia and the UK.

From my grassroots roots in voluntary work to my previous leadership positions, the golden thread has always been built on recognising the strengths, assets, and opportunities communities already have to bring about the change they want.

Refund policy

Refunds are available up to 1 day prior to the event.